Effective August 11, 2021
In an effort to provide the safest environment for our patients and employees, Tyler ContinueCARE Hospital is updating our visitation policy as follows:
Non-COVID Patients: Visitation Hours 5:00am -7:00pm
- No more than 2 visitors per calendar day. Visitors must be 16 years of age or older.
- ONE visitor may stay overnight as needed; the overnight visitor is included in the total count of 2 visitors per day, per patient
- Visitors must wear facemask at all times, including while in the patient room
- All visitors must pass screening at the front door of the main hospital for s/s of illness.
COVID Patients: by appointment only from 11am-1pm daily by appointment only
- 1 designated visitor per hospitalization
- Other considerations will be made for patients at end of life
- Visitor must pass COVID/illness s/s screening prior to arrival
- If intubated/non aerosolizing: 15 minute visit in room
- If not intubated/aerosolizing: 15 minute window visit
Additional considerations will be made for End of Life or Advanced Planning needs as needed.
Tyler ContinueCARE Hospital may further limit patient visitation at any time based on individual patient condition, risk status, or other hospital policy to ensure safe and effective care for all patients.
(Based on CMS recommendations and prevalence of virus within the community. Subject to change based on incidence of virus.)
Non-COVID Patients Daily
5:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
One visitor may stay over
night as needed
COVID Patients Daily
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
by appointment only
Tyler ContinueCARE Hospital
800 E. Dawson, 4th Floor
Tyler, TX 75701
Fax: (903) 525-1580
FREE VISITOR PARKING LOT
Located directly across the street
$5, 24 – hours
$20, 7 – days
COMPLIMENTARY SHUTTLE SERVICE
Complimentary shuttle service, every 5 minutes, to and from the main hospital (Christus) entrance.
Monday – Friday
5:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m
Saturday – Sunday
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Patient and Family Resources
Food and Vending Options
There are vending machines and a variety of other food and beverage options within walking distance or a short drive away.
Quality of Care Concerns
You may contact the Administration of ContinueCARE Hospital at any time if you have questions, concerns, or complaints by calling (903) 531-4942. Since our organization uses the Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality (CIHQ) accreditation for deemed-status, you, or your surrogate decision-maker, also have the the right to file a complaint regarding any quality of care concern or safety issue, directly to CIHQ. Click the Learn More button below or submit by mail to:
Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality
P.O. Box 3620
McKinney, TX 75070
Attn: Chief Executive Officer
Phone: (512) 661-2813
Fax: (805) 934-8588
We take great pride in serving the Tyler, Texas community.
Our facility is licensed under Medicare as long-term acute care hospitals, providing care for critically ill and medically complex patients who require a longer acute care stay than a traditional hospital. There are several criteria patients must meet for admission eligibility.
We offer financial assistance to patients who have an economic need and meet the qualifications of our financial assistance policy.
We understand that pricing and billing for healthcare services can be confusing, so we provide our standard price lists to help families better anticipate and understand their financial responsibilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Choosing an LTACH
The ContinueCARE Difference
Tyler ContinueCARE Hospital offers several unique benefits for patients and family members:
- We provide care with an interdisciplinary approach with a care team of specialists working together for optimal patient outcomes.
- Each patient will have an individualized care plan based on their needs and preferences.
- We encourage family and/or caregiver participation and keep loved ones informed every step of the way.
- At Tyler Continue Care Hospital we have a culture surrounding Sacred Work. This is the idea that every action should be grounded with loving intention. We feel this improves the healing process and makes a difference in our patients’ care.