The Admission Process
How to Get Started
For more information or to make a patient referral, please call our Admissions Coordinator, Kristen Deroo at (903) 525-4861.
Who We Treat
Our facility is licensed under Medicare as a long-term acute care hospital, providing care for critically ill and medically complex patients who require a longer acute care stay than a traditional hospital. There are several criteria patients must meet for admission eligibility.
- Require acute care services as determined by a physician assessment
- Cannot be treated effectively at a lower level of care
- Have multiple acute complexities that require daily intervention by a physician
Patients requiring the following medical services may also eligible for admission:
- Mechanical ventilation for respiratory failure
- Pulmonary hygiene
- Tracheotomy with respiratory insufficiency
- Exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- IV and oral anticoagulation/therapeutic INR (international normalized ratio)
- Post cardiac surgery with acute care needs
- External wound infection management
- Stage III or IV decubitus ulcer care
- Complex medical conditions
- High-level orthopedic conditions
- Pre- and post-organ transplant care
- Low-tolerance rehabilitation
FREE VISITOR PARKING LOT
Located directly across the street
$5, 24 – hours
$20, 7 – days
COMPLIMENTARY SHUTTLE SERVICE
Complimentary shuttle service, every 5 minutes, to and from the main hospital (Christus) entrance.
Monday – Friday, 5:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m
Saturday – Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Each patient is assigned a Case Manager on admission. The Case Manager reviews admissions according to criteria, maintains communication with physicians and other healthcare professionals regarding individual patients to meet treatment goals. The Case Manager is also responsible for discharge planning and other interventions that lead to accomplishing goals in the patient’s care plan.
We work with a group of dedicated physicians who manage the medical needs of patients admitted to our hospital. They may also help to explain a medical procedure, update the family on their loved one’s condition or plan appropriate care after discharge. Once a patient is discharged from our hospital, any follow-up appointments should be made with the patient’s primary care physician.
Patient Care Conference
Due to COVID-19 precautions, this conference is currently being held virtually. We are actively working toward reconvening in-person conferences. If you would like to schedule an in-person meeting with your loved one’s treatment team, please contact the case manager at (903) 531-4080.
Meetings are held weekly.
Attendees: Case Management, Hospitalist, Physical Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Wound Care, Speech Therapy, Dietician, Pharmacy
Learn About Our Services
Quality Care for the Critically Ill
Our hospital provides long term acute care for patients who require a long-term hospital stay. Many patients require an intensive level of care.
The ContinueCARE Difference
Tyler ContinueCARE Hospital offers several unique benefits for patients and family members:
- We provide care with an interdisciplinary approach with a care team of specialists working together for optimal patient outcomes.
- Each patient will have an individualized care plan based on their needs and preferences.
- We encourage family and/or caregiver participation and keep loved ones informed every step of the way.
- At Tyler Continue Care Hospital we have a culture surrounding Sacred Work. This is the idea that every action should be grounded with loving intention. We feel this improves the healing process and makes a difference in our patients’ care.